from John Patrick Walsh, Pro-Life Chairman …
Brothers and Sisters,
The months of May and June present us with an excellent opportunity to give thanks and honor the mothers and fathers in our lives. The Church dedicates the month of May to Mary, with many parishes hosting special events to honor our spiritual mother. Online I have seen a few divisions and boards who took the time to honor their mothers, an action I encourage each division to emulate.
But why stop there? Our respect of life acknowledges the role that both men and women play in its creation and care. Therefore, it is only proper that come June 16th we show our appreciation to those men who chose to be fathers. Below are some ideas that divisions can implement to honor those men and women who helped shape our lives (and please don’t forget our spiritual Mothers and Fathers):
- After Mass honor each mother with a rose or flower of choice.
- Host a Father’s Day BBQ where families can enjoy some fellowship.
- Hold a Mother’s Day Tea Party for the women in your life (don’t forget to invite your local religious and our Hibernian Sisters).
- Heat up your skillet and make Father’s Day special with a Pancake Breakfast.
- During the prayers of the faithful, ask your parish to pray the Hail Mary for the unborn and all mothers.
- After Mass honor each father with a St. Joseph prayer card or medallion.