Project St. Patrick – Support Vocations
2020 Easter Appeal
The Ancient Order of Hibernians was founded to protect our clergy. What better way to support our clergy than supporting vocations? I am asking you to bring this Easter Appeal Packet forward and include it as part of your Division, County and State agendas in order to make the 2020 Easter Appeal for vocations a success. All scholarship dollars raised will support seminarians and religious vocations in local Hibernians dioceses.
In order to accomplish this, we need immediate assistance from your Division. Please fill out the enclosed 2020 Division Diocese Form and include the name and mailing address for your Bishop and your Vocations Director. We need these forms returned as soon as possible so we can begin distribution of the Scholarship Applications. If your chaplain is a non-diocesan priest please contact me directly so we can include his Order in our process as well.
The goal of Project St. Patrick (PSP) during the Easter Appeal is to raise funds for $500 scholarship awards for our Diocesan Seminarians and Religious. We are asking every division to participate with a donation to insure the success of PSP and demonstrate our commitment to our Holy Church. Remember, no donation is too large or too small. We are asking every division to set a minimum goal of $500, which is the equivalent of one scholarship.
Each donation of $500 or more creates a scholarship in the name of your Chaplain or anyone you believe is worthy of such recognition. The donating division will receive a certificate recognizing the honor bestowed on your Chaplain or other worth recipient. Donations of $500 in memory of a deceased individual will also come with a certificate in memory of the honoree. These certificates will serve as an ongoing reminder of the work done by your Chaplains do or the service a deceased individual provided during his lifetime. Please make the most of the Easter Appeal and support vocations in the Catholic Church through Project St. Patrick.
In addition to the current Appeal, we continue our Prayer Card Program and ask Divisions, Counties, States, and individual members to participate in this throughout the year. As your Chairman, I look forward to working with you throughout my term.
51 Avondale Drive
Islip, New York 11751
Project St. Patrick Chairman
1) Turn in Diocese Form immediately so your local Seminarians will have an opportunity to apply for a Project St. Patrick Scholarship.
2) Make Project St. Patrick a priority for the Easter Season. Please set a goal to support vocations.
3) Name Recognition Scholarships are available for donations of $500 or more. Raise $1,000 and give two Name Recognition Scholarships.
4) Honor your Chaplain with a Name Recognition Scholarship. Honor deceased members or your Hibernians of the Year with a name recognition scholarship.
5) Name Recognition Scholarships may be turned in as PSP donations at any time. During the Annual Easter Appeal, we focus on donations for Vocation Scholarships.
6) Utilize Project St. Patrick Prayer Cards throughout the year.
To apply for a vocational grant, please print and return the appropriate form completed to your vocations director who will forward by May 15, 2020:
APPLICATION FOR A VOCATIONAL GRANT FOR MAJOR SEMINARIANS
APPLICATION FOR A VOCATIONAL GRANT FOR RELIGIOUS LIFE