FFAI Chairman is the major information resource relative to promoting support for a 32 county Ireland. As such, he is tasked with using all opportunities and means to provide members with background on developing issues and concerns.
His responsibility includes providing varied means for communicating the AOH membership’s position on critical issues related to the above.
The chairman shall also organize and facilitate the annual FFAI Christmas appeal.
ARTICLE X – CHAIRMAN, FREEDOM FOR ALL IRELAND COMMITTEE: Section 15. Shall:
A. Be the Convention Freedom for All Ireland Chairman and appoint six or more members (with the approval of the National President) to serve in the interim between conventions;
B. Support and inform the membership on all legislative action for the abolition of the Partition of Ireland;
C. Prepare and submit an article on the National and economic aspects of the unity of Ireland to the Editor of the National Hibernian Digest for publication in each issue; and
D. Report to the National Convention and National Board Meetings.
- Support and inform the membership on all Congressional, state, and local government legislative action relating to the abolition of the Partition of Ireland, or to injustices arising from the denial of freedom for all Ireland, including where feasible initiating and supporting resolutions or other legislative actions.
- Prepare and submit articles reflecting AOH POSITIONS on issues relevant to freedom for all Ireland or injustices arising from the denial of freedom for all Ireland for publication in Irish-American, or Irish outlets.
Communicate with State Chairmen – State President if Chair unknown
- Speak to your state chairmen Annually
- Communicate to your state chairmen monthly via e-mal.
- Expand to your county and division chairmen as you move forward.
- Hibernian Digest Responsibility
Submit a 300 to 600-word article to the Hibernians Digest prior to the established deadline for each and every Hibernian Digest published.
- Web Page Responsibility
Responsible for creating and approving all content on the AOH web-page as related to chairmanship.
Must provide a monthly update to the AOH webmaster. Weekly updates are encouraged.
Updates are a simple action picture and a paragraph.
- Email Blast Responsibility
Prepare articles for email blast as requested. Suggest articles for email blast as needed
Additional duties as assigned by the national president.