As we approach the 21-year mark, we proudly recognize America’s contribution to the Good Friday Agreement and reaffirm its fundamental Principles. As a respected statesman, Martin McGuinness reached across the political, socio-economic and religious divide, stood by the implementation of the Good Friday Agreement and committed the remainder of his life to working towards the fulfillment of its goals. Martin McGuinness’s legacy, through his own words, is commemorated in each of the McGuinness Principles. In memory of all who brought us this far, we ask that you pledge support for the Martin McGuinness Principles.
“Our friend and leader will never be forgotten. Martin McGuinness a proud son of Ireland, a beloved son of Derry. Ni bheidh a leitheid ann aris” Sinn Fein President, Mary Lou McDonald, speaking today on the second anniversary of Martin McGuinness’ passing.
- A Bill of Rights.
- Full statutory equality for the Irish Language.
- Funding for legacy inquests as part of the process of healing and reconciliation.
- A referendum on Irish unity in keeping with the Good Friday Agreement.
- NYC Council Irish Caucus endorsed the McGuinness Principles of Justice ,Equality, Respect and the Right to Self-determination led by Chair Daniel Dromm
- Nassau County Executive endorses McGuinness Principles at St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast, with Louise O’Reilly TD in attendance
- Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 12 Boston endorse the McGuinness Principles
- Why “England Get Out of Ireland” banner belongs in New York Parade, article by Niall O’Dowd
- Michelle O’Neill commends Bloody Sunday Families.
Ways to get involved
- Irish American Organizations. Resolution found here.
- Elected officials. Resolution found here.
- Labor Unions and Members. Resolution found here.
- Students, Individuals and Groups. Support materials found here.
- Find all the ways to get involved here.
Resolutions in support of The Principles
- The Friendly Sons of the Jersey Shore (FSOS)
- The Irish American Unity Conference
- Cumann Cháitlín agus Thomáis Uí Chléirigh (Brooklyn branch of Conradh na Gaeilge/Gaelic League)
- The James Connolly Irish American Labor Coalition
- Yonkers City Council
- Rockland County Legislator
- Mercer County Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union No. 9, NJ
- Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians
- Irish Americans in Government
- The Friendly Sons of Long Island
- National Convention of the Ancient Order of Hibernians (July 2018)
- Peekskill NY City Council.
- Plumbers and Gasfitters Local 12
- New York City Council Irish Caucus
- Nassau County Executive
- Suffolk County Legislature